as we imagine, travelling is one of most oldest form of entertainment but it is also one of the biggest factor of the world development and progress! if the ancient people would move around and explore, the world wouldn’t have it is actual face and variety of cultures!
travelling is definitely something that should be incorporate in a every human life, no matter age, gender or revenue. Travelling shouldn’t be a privilege of rich people!
there are millions way the one can travel, the most evident and popular in modern society is “organised trips”, second most popular would be the one when a traveller buy a ticket and book accommodation himself in hosteling industry
in this post we will present you alternative way of travelling and thus alternatives ways of life. those alternatives will allow travellers to stay with people living in the places they are visiting and by this medium to have much deeper contact with the environment they are trying to discover during the trip.
here are few services that will help you to travel deeper, cheaper and funnier!
the following is a list of some notable websites related to the hospitality industry (partially taken from wikipedia
- couchsurfing – A very active network (registered as a B corporation) with over 3 million members in more than 200 countries
- tripping – one of the newer and more advanced networks. tripping boasts members in more than 175 countries
- servas international – human rights and global peace oriented since 1949. A relatively small network now with over 16,000 members with a very long history.
- friendship force international a network of chapters worldwide which concentrates on building understanding across cultures.
- pasporta servo – for esperanto speakers
- wwoof – “worldwide opportunities on organic farms”, help on the property is exchanged for food, accommodation, education and cultural interaction
- bewelcome – a network based on open-source principles with around 18,000 members
- hospitality club – a once active but dying network with over 670,000 members in more than 200 countries
- global freeloaders
there are also a payed housing services provided by locals
last but not least, there are also a housing in exchange for work services.
we will give more details about those places later on; but you are welcome already to have a look and review those services yourself!
do you have something to share on this subject ? please do it!